H. John Gutierrez
John Gutierrez manages Bailey & Galyen’s California office. He has 15 years’ experience litigating cases involving personal injuries, premises liability, and insurance claims.
John is a native of Biloxi, Mississippi. He obtained his law degree from Georgetown University. Prior to that, he received an undergraduate degree from Brown University and a master’s degree from the University of California at Berkeley.
John has litigated a number of nationwide class action cases involving defective computers, vehicles, and building materials. In those cases, he helped consumers obtain multi-million dollar settlements. He also has extensive experience in construction litigation and real estate disputes.
Mr. Gutierrez is admitted to practice in state and federal courts throughout California.
- State Bar of California, admitted 2005
- State Bar of Texas, admitted 2008
- Mississippi Bar, admitted 2000
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, D.C.
- J.D., 1999
- Awarded Honors in legal research and writing Assistant Articles Editor, Georgetown Journal of Gender and the Law
- University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, California
- Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
- Contributing Author, California Class Actions Practice and Procedures (Elizabeth J. Cabraser, Editor, 2006)
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Mississippi Bar, Public Information Committee, 2003-2004
- AIDS Legal Referral Panel (ALRP), San Francisco, California, pro bono work, 2005-2007
- Biloxi Library Board of Trustees, Biloxi, Mississippi, 2003-2004